Pages

Saturday, August 20, 2011

Diamine Indigo

This scan is made of LIES


I have returned to the land of the living! The first week of class is always incredibly hectic, filled with getting used to brand new classes and teachers. I do, unfortunately, have a great deal of work throughout the weekday. I'll do my best to get at least one review up per week (likely on the weekend). With so much work, I have little time to write, and a lot of my pens are sad and lonely. I can't make any promises, but I will do my best!

 Diamine Indigo is not really indigo. I mean, it depends on when it is indigo and when it's not indigo. Sometimes it's purple, sometimes it's more like a blue. It's crazy. For the scan on the left, it was definitely more blue than purple.

Like most (perhaps all?) Diamine inks, it feathers and bleeds on cheaper papers, especially regular copy paper. I would suggest using it on good quality papers, such as Clairefontaine, Rhodia, or Black n' Red.

Shading is decent. You can see some nice shading, but it's not enough to get too excited about.

Diamine Indigo is kind of waterproof! It still exists after you douse it in water. That doesn't mean I would write in a waterfall with it.

Dry times are fast on cheap paper; you're ready to go in about five seconds. On the Strathmore paper, it was about fifteen seconds.

I find Diamine Indigo to be a great color. It's understated but it still stands out, especially with its blue-purple shade.

You can purchase bottles of Diamine Indigo at the Goulet Pen Comapny for $12.50 per 80 ml. bottle.

No comments:

Post a Comment